[plug] mplayer was(Re:Window Managers)

Jonathon Bates batesy at batesy.net
Sat Jan 5 20:37:12 WST 2002

Thanks to all for the help!
I have a bad feeling that I wont be able to get it to work, as I have
upgraded X, upgraded my nvidia drivers, and still it does not play the
files.
I am guessing its a problem with nvidia drivers and mplayer.........
argh well!

I start mplayer with the following environment calls:
mplayer -gui -vo x11 -vc wmv8

I get the following output... (cut down obviously)

VO: [x11] 320x240 => 320x240 BGR 32-bit
Sharing memory.
AO: [oss] 32000Hz Stereo Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
ao2: 32000 Hz  2 chans  Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
Can't open audio device /dev/dsp  -> nosound
couldn't open/init audio device -> NOSOUND
Audio: no sound!!!
Start playing...

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
vo: uninit!
[mplayer] exit.
[gtk] exit.
gtk killed...