[plug] mplayer was(Re:Window Managers)

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Sat Jan 5 21:01:17 WST 2002

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 08:37:12PM +0800, Jonathon Bates wrote:
> Thanks to all for the help!
> I have a bad feeling that I wont be able to get it to work, as I have
> upgraded X, upgraded my nvidia drivers, and still it does not play the
> files.
> I am guessing its a problem with nvidia drivers and mplayer.........
> argh well!

If you're still unable to get it working, I can suggest trying xine instead
(just for something completely different :).

xine is probably best known as a DVD player, but it's a great general video
file player and that includes DivX (using either opendivx or the
binary-only Linux/DivX).

I used MPlayer a long time ago but have been using xine exclusively for my
video needs for the past year or so.

...well, except for my sporadic use of the Quicktime player via the
Wine-based Crossover :).

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/

--
The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will last at
least until we've finished building it.