[plug] Building Debian packages (.deb)

Ryan ryan at prodigital.net.au
Sun Jan 6 13:03:57 WST 2002

Hi folks,

I'm toying around trying to make a Debian package for a perl script I
wrote, i have found this site:
http://people.debian.org/~jaldhar/make_package1.html but it demonstrates
how to build a package using C source, not init.d scripts and no config files.

My entire package should end up installing:

/usr/bin/mp3stream.pl
/etc/mp3stream.conf
/etc/init.d/mp3stream

and I can not find and good tutorials on how to do this.  Using 'debuild' I
can successfully get it to make an empty .deb file after I botched together
my own Makefile, but I can't get the config or init.d files involved.

Anyone got a better site or their own experience on doing this?

TIA,

Ryan