[plug] Debian install - network card

Anne Busby anne at busby.net
Sun Jan 6 18:49:05 WST 2002

Hi all,

I am trying to install debian on to a box with out an CD.
I have get the base system installed, using floppies, but it will not
install my network card so I can get the rest of it (HTTP the cd from the
server).

The card is SMC EtherCard Plus Elite 16 (wd/8013ep).

I know that module 8390 needs to be loaded before the wd module. The
network card settings (io and irq) under dos are not accepted.

How do I find out what IO port and IRQ it is under linux.

The card jumps are set to 'soft' for the config, if this is any help.

Also, the modem is on the server, so the apt the web direct is not an
option at the moment.

TIA

Anne Busby
E-Mail: anne at busby.net