[plug] The member promotion brochure

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun Jan 6 21:47:09 WST 2002

Folks

After a request from James B that we have a brochure to promote PLUG, I've
created a document that was subject to vigorous scrutiny and editing at the
conf2003 meeting this morning. The document may now be downloaded as either
pdf or postscript from:

http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~decdes/member.pdf

and

http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~decdes/member.ps

The intention is that interested PLUGers will grab the document, print a
few off (it's double sided) and triple fold the A4 landscape page into a DL
envelope size and put them in the brochure trays of your local library.

We printed ours on "Tux beak yellow" paper, we use Australian Paper, Optix,
Tera Yellow for our fax paper because it screams "I'M A FAX PAGE" from 50
paces. Fortuitously, Tux has a beak that screams "I'm Tux" from a similar
distance.

If I'm not mistaken, this paper is a pretty standard 80 gsm ream from
OfficeWorks but should be available elsewhere.

Of course, If lime green's your favourite colour or white says "I'm on a
budget" please go right ahead :) It's the message that matters.

The final DL size is a portrait format with Tux visible at the top of the
front page so he can peep over the brochure retaining panel when it is not
transparent acrylic.

btw, if there are any loud and obvious errors .. do let me know.

Above all else .. have fun :-)
Harry

ps scribe, do you want to copy this across to the PLUG site ?

pps we might need to get our TAFE venue finalised or we could look a bit silly

ppps there is no phone contact number. I can add one if a willing volunteer
takes one pace forward ....