[plug] Grumble, grumble, Windows strikes again

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Jan 8 17:48:55 WST 2002

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 15:09, Brian Tombleson wrote:
> From: "Ben Jensz" <jensz at wn.com.au>
> Err .. yeah, my understanding is that Telstra charge iiNet for all traffic
> through the ADSL gateway, regardless of destination.

Yah, but I bet they don't charge anything like 17c a meg!

Eftel charge 2c a meg for WAIX traffic, which IMHO is either a ripoff or they
don't understand what they're getting from WAIX. Nevertheless, a policy like
that would be an improvement on full price.

> Yes, sorry .. I only just checked on the new accounts and now agree.  Since
> you can't (easily/reliably) run a web server on a dynamic IP anyway it's
> kinda moot that they block the ports.

Well... if your ADSL drops carrier once a month or less and for a minute or
so only, a short (five-minutes or thereabouts) timeout on the DNS records
makes this a reasonable proposition.

Cheers; Leon