[plug] Building Debian packages to satisfy dependencies?

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 21:59:44 WST 2002

> It "recommends" not "requires" so as long as you
install the resulting packages manually with dpkg it
should not complain about the fact kernel-image-blah
is not installed

It doesn't complain about the installation. It's just
that whenever I go into the Select part of dselect, it
comes up with this dependency every time I leave it,
and I have to force it with Q to get back to the main
menu. Do that a few times and it becomes mighty
annoying :(

I'll probably just grab the kernel-source package and
compile from it. Or something.

Andrew

=====
"One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

http://my.yahoo.com.au - My Yahoo!
- It's My Yahoo! Get your own!