[OT] pizza was RE: [plug] All your base

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Jan 10 22:22:03 WST 2002

At 01:57  10/01/02 , you wrote:
> > The chat with the people at pizza with attitude was a spur of the moment
> > thing, because I know the people pretty well (too well) but I'm wondering
> > if pizza emporiums might be a potential hotbed of computing
> > rebellion (with
> > or without garlic bread). Just a thought.
> >
> > I'd be interested in how people get on if they drop Tux off at
> > their local
> > library.
> >
> > http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~decdes/member.pdf
> >
> > Have fun
> > Harry
>
>Are they running there POS equipment on Linux ??? Maybe we can do a plug
>meet there with an emphasis on Linux POS solutions (can we implement
>something for them for all the pizza the PLUG implementation team can eat in
>three hours ???
>
>Then they can provide us with free pizza for LCA 2003 and give us a usable
>demonstration of the good work PLUG does in its own backyard !!!!
>
>How many coffees have I drunk tonite !!!!

Hehehe. Good one.

They are actually a small affair with a wood fired oven. The owner is a
chef who wanted to get out of work in large restaurants and run his own
show so the pizzas are pretty extraordinary. They have  a few small tables too.

So no POS .. oh maybe there is .. I always pay cash. I thought about
conf2003 too but unless we shared out the load to about 10 gourmet wood
fired places I think they'd struggle to deliver :-)

Be aware too, the pizzas are not your budget two for one, bottle of coke
and garlic bread variety.

Hmmmm. Sorry if this is sounding like a free plug on plug. He's my local
and I'm a regular.

see you
Harry