[plug] Disk partitioning

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Thu Jan 10 22:48:30 WST 2002

> So I would suggest having / /tmp /home /var on different partitions.

I also like a /usr and a /usr/src and /usr/local (if you like custom
packages). Also, if you intend to burn CDs I'd recomend a /tempcd for the
image and a /tempfs for arranging the filesystem before making it an iso
image. Both these should be about 600 - 800meg.
My partitions also include such odd-ball things and /music and /temp, the
latter because you never know when you need a spare segrigated 1gig :)
A /boot of about 10meg is also handy.
With such a large drive you might like to install a simple, stable system
using a gig or so to recover the system when you fiddle with things you
shouldn't as I oftern do :)

Cheers,
Adrian