[plug] HTTP return header?

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Jan 11 13:15:47 WST 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, J Michael Gilks wrote:

> I am writing a site for Mater Dei College and on the login page I need to
> validate entries on the form before submitting it to the database. Using the
> onSubmit method of the form I check entries and if they are missing setfocus
> to that entry then return false. This should stop the submit process, but it
> doesn't. I get my error message box come up and then the form submits anyway.
> What I would like to do is include a header on the action page to redirect
> back to the login page, with the information intact, if this error occurs.
> I am using Quanta as an IDE, with PHP scripting on an Apache server.
> I am sure there is an appropriate header as every browser has a back button
> which works. I just can't find a reference.
> Can anyone help please.

I think you create a form with NO submitt button.  You then create a button
where the onClick event is what you currently have coded as onSubmit.  The on
difference is that if the are NO errors for do "form.sumbit"

Now I'm certainly NOT a webdeveloper BUT given my limited knowledge I think
that should work.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein