[plug] HTTP return header?

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Fri Jan 11 15:45:31 WST 2002

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 01:31:54PM +0800, J Michael Gilks wrote:
> Sounds good I will give it a go.
> I like to do checking on the client end because that machine is just lazing
> around waiting for the server to finish it's request and everyone else's.
> Also bandwidth is way bigger on a local machine.
> Anyway thanks for the input.

Never trust client side processing. And its CPU that is on the client side
that you could use. Client side is nice just to increase the likelyhood
of data benig correct, but you sould *always* validate on server side.

Take a look at www.james.rcpt.to/programs/ecommerce/safeforms.html for
a way of verifying form data and submit-once situations (such
as payment processing, where you don't want to change the client twice).

  James
--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.james.rcpt.to
 Australian Debian Conference: http://www.linux.org.au/conf/debiancon.html