[plug] getting telnet access

Craig Reynolds reynoldscraigr at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 20 14:46:07 WST 2002

Hi guys, I've got a fresh RH 7.2 install an I'm having trouble getting
telnet acces to it, so I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the
right direction.

As best I can tell it should work. I turned the firewall of during install,
and I have the IP range of the network I want to get at it from in
/etc/hosts.allow, as follows

in.telnetd 203.59.50.95/255.255.255.240

The problem that I am getting is that whenever I try to telnet in, it tells
me that the connection has been refused. An I can ping the machine, any
ideas?