[plug] LT wireless links for 802-heads

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Sun Jan 20 08:24:55 WST 2002

James Bromberger [mailto:james at rcpt.to] wrote:

> What, demonstrate 802.11 under Linux? Nick probably can do this
> most any time on his Libretto. Indeed, anytime you come to a UCC
> meeting (alternate Tuesdays) you are covered by the UCC's wireless
> network.

My comment was about the OpenAP project not so much about the book itself. I
think I got a bit carried away after reading that I could flash the ROM on
some AP's and replace it with an embedded Linux. !!!! Still I think this is
way cool. I'd rather my AP running Linux that I can get to, hack replace etc
than some other possibly "proprietary" software. Flashing the ROM on the
hardware and showing Linux booting up on the AP would make an interesting
PLUG meet.

> For immediate satisfaction, see www.e3.com.au, and attend the
> "Gathering III" which is on TODAY (Sunday 20 Jan) at Kings Park at
> high noon by the war memorial in front of the flower clock/restaurant,
> overlooking the Perth and South Perth basin. Just look for all the
> ex-Galaxy dishes, milo tins, laptops, and other assorted toys.

I've visited the e3 site and I am really keen to get involved though I don't
have the money for the hardware at the moment and I cant get line of sight
to the Kalamunda hub. (I'm in Kelmscott with my house being in a hollow with
quite a few large trees around). Today already has other plans so I won't be
able to make it.