[plug] AOL/Time Warner & Redhat?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Jan 20 17:31:24 WST 2002

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Arkem (Paul) wrote:

> For those who may not of heard it looks as if AOL is contemplating
> buying Redhat.
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/19/041215&mode=thread
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/19/1912259&mode=thread
>
> I still haven't decided if this is a good thing or not, how about
> everyone else 'round these parts? What do you all think.
>
> Regards,
> Paul C

What we think (me missus and me), is that we cannot access the web pages
specified.

As to whether AOL should eat Red Hat, in its campaign to emulate microsod
and try to take over the world, well, that's another thing.

Red Hat appears to have gone downhill, since RH 6.2, and Netscape seems to
have gone downhill since Netscape 4.61, and, neither either acknowledge,
or, respond to email communications, so, to me, I doubt that it will make
alot of difference. I am likely to stick with RH 6.2, as much as possible,
until I have to (or, amd inclined to) start switching to the dark art of
debian.

--
Bret Busby