[OT] Tech support Re: [plug] AOL/Time Warner & Redhat?

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Jan 21 09:36:56 WST 2002

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 06:38:42PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > Do you have a tech support contract with either?  (Could be why they
> > don't respond to your emails.)
>
> No.
>
> Why do we need a tech support contract, for bug fix stuff?
> When software has bugs in it, and, websites are malfunctional (broken
> links, etc), and, so on, why do we need to pay to get bug fixes?

Obviously you don't.  I was under the impression that you wanted help
from them rather than vice versa.  Either way, you shouldn't be too
upset if they don't respond to your bug reports -- so long as you see a
fix in the next release.  (And, if you don't, change software and stop
whinging.)

> You don't work for microsod, do you ?

I wish you did. :-)

--
DSA 0x2A0F80F3: 39F3 4E10 9BE9 E728 A9EE  029C D51D EE53 2A0F 80F3