[plug] VNC Clients

Mark Nold markn at enspace.com
Fri Jan 25 00:39:11 WST 2002

Hi guys and girls,

I'm playing Freeciv with some friends and since we plan to take some games
past a couple of hours im sure them dialing in, or me running the box on the
net would be the best idea.

Now they only have Windows at home. And unfortunatly the Freeciv for Windows
client is pretty sucky. So they could run a X Server of their own (some of
these are great like WinaXe but cost $) or use VNC.

VNC looks like the easiest approach, though i assume requires more bandwidth
than them using their own X Server.

So from AT&T i grabbed VNC Viewer for Win32 (TightVNC?). It works well ....
but looks a bit naf.... plus it sucks how you have to position the windows
all the time. (Could this be a window manager thing?)

Any suggestions for a VNC client that is appealing to Windows ppls?

Thanks,

mn