[plug] traffic requirements for woody mirror

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Fri Jan 25 15:49:47 WST 2002

Hello all,

Someone at work has setup a mirror of RedHat and Mandrake update RPMs
(for internal use only).  I'd like to get a debian archive added to the
list.  Actually doing the mirror via rsync is easy and well documented.

But I'd like to know what the traffic requirements are for maintaining a
woody archive: how many MB per week is used in updating things?

And I believe that UWA has a debian mirror.  If I turn up at one of the
UCC meetings, would they let me copy lots of the debian mirror to my
laptop so I could "seed" the work mirror?  (I imagine the powers would
be more likely to say yes to my request for a debian mirror if the
initial archive could be got for nothing.)

Thanks
Russell

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
There's nothing to writing.  All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein.
		-- Red Smith