[plug] UCC meeting

Ryan ryan at prodigital.net.au
Mon Jan 28 01:48:37 WST 2002

>At long lost the UCC meeting falls on a public holiday meaning I can come
>along. Because I have never been to a UCC meeting  ...

Ditto.

I've got a work laptop with the dreaded SiS 630/730 graphics chipset that
misbehaves (static like interference on the screen) when running X using
2.4.10 frame buffers .. under 2.2.x without frame buffers I can't get
anything legible.  Also sound won't budge and it locks up when you plug a
USB mouse in .. vmware works perfectly though ... but one thing at a
time.  There is lots of documentation of this chipset because the Gericomm
webboys use it, but none seem to mention these problems.  I have windows on
it also so that helps with getting to know the hardware config etc.

What is the protocol, do I bring it along and trap someone in a corner? Is
it even worth bringing it along?  Will people look at me strange when I
walk around poking it in their faces? :)

Ryan