[plug] licq

Andrew Pamment apamment at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 18:54:13 WST 2002

hi..

does anyone successfully use icq and linux at the same time? I am using
licq - err rephrase that - *trying* to use licq, under my neeew slackware
8.0 system (thanks plug) now, I used to be able to do this early 2000 under
slackware 7.1, but no longer! it seems that none of my messages go through.
I have concluded that it must be either one of two things

1) my firewall is a bit over protective, i dont think so, i'm using
MonMotha's iptables script, with it setup to log and drop the packets that i
dont want coming in. but its supposed to let everything out.

2) icq has turned into a monster and wont allow anything without the
aol-time-warner secret handshake and ad retrieval system.

help me! what is it?? am i even close?

Andrew

"If you live a lie, you'll die a liar."
- Catatonia "Post Script"