[plug] Diagnostics

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Jul 1 12:42:11 WST 2002

PLUGers

Computer Angels has been using a lite version of Checkit to test hardware and
diagnose problems.

We are looking at getting a copy of CheckIt Pro but people have asked if there
aren't some OSS tools that will do the job.

CheckIt Pro is pretty extensive and has facilities to check all ports to the
pins using loopback adaptors.

Can anyone on the list who works at the chassis face suggest some very
comprehensive OSS testers or other commercial products that they believe are
better ?

Thanks go to Daniel B. for the tester you provided some time ago. We've tested
it and others alongside the CheckIt and CheckIt still looks like the preferred
option.

If people have some other thoughts I can pass them back to Julian.

All the best
Harry