[plug] Access to the IT rsync server

Benjamin J Keith bjkeith at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jul 1 17:18:16 WST 2002

Hey all,

Could all you rsync fiends please try to do what you do again :)  I
noticed your queries to the plug list (I'm a quiet lurker) and passed it
on to the IT sysadmin.  He believes it should now work and appears to be
due to some problem with this version of rsync wanting numerical uid's
rather than usernames in rsyncd.conf (even though the manual says
usernames are also acceptable....strange).

Let us know if it is still broken (support at it.net.au).

Benjamin J Keith
IT User Support,                                    Informed Technology
Email: support at it.net.au                         Phone: +61 8 9380 4244
http://www.it.net.au/support                     Fax  : +61 8 9380 4354