[plug] Delayed mails

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Jul 1 17:29:09 WST 2002

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, wayne wrote:

> Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:22:54 +0800
> From: wayne <hatari at iinet.net.au>
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] Delayed mails
>
> Hello, Colin!
>
> Yes; this is the issue of undelivered and lost eMails concerning SLPWA that
> I raised at the SLPWA meeting on Sunday, that you already commented on.
> Damn useless really - a bit like "pony express" mail, isn't it!
>
> Regards,
> wayne.

Funny, that.

I received a message a short while ago, that took two and a half days to
get from an iinet mail server to my ISP, from the full header, so I
lodged a query with my ISP, to find where the delay occurred; in being
sent by iinet, or being picked up by my ISP. It appears to be the former.

It must be that the weather is making the ants that carry the messages
along the wires, a bit slow, or maybe the ants stopped work to go to the
end of financial year sales.
:)

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
 - Deep Thought,
   Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988