[plug] sco binaries on linux

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Jul 4 11:51:50 WST 2002

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:33, Craig Ringer wrote:
>> Anybody know what happened to iBCS2/ABI ? I'm looking for a way to run
>> SCO OpenServer binaries on Linux 2.4.x but all I can find is for 2.2.x
>> and 2.0.x - ideas, anybody?

> correction: the binaries that need to run are actually, believe it or
> not, Microsoft Xenix binaries currently running on SCO unix.

> ideas on retriving software from the dark ages, anybody? I can't get the
> source code unfortunately.

Presuming that IBCS will be enough...

KB article from SuSE:

    http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/ibcs_72.html

Hair-raising and authoritative kernel.org posting from 2000 here:

    http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0010.1/1141.html

Caldera IBCS update (Source RPM shipped with 2.2.14, which may include 2.4
support, won't know until you look) here:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/caldera/updates/eDesktop/2.4/041/

More interesting commentary including 2.4 and IBCS in this discussion of
FoxPro for UNIX 2.6:

    http://www.accountixinc.com/foxpro_inst.htm

...and finally, what appears to be your solution:

    http://pcunix.com/Linux/linuxabi.html

...or, cutting to the chase...

    http://linux-abi.sourceforge.net/

    Currently supported binaries are:

    SCO OpenServer
    SCO OpenDesktop
    SCO Unix 3.x
    SCO Xenix 386     <-- probably close enough for your purposes
    SCO Xenix 286 (with userspace x286 emul)
    SCO UnixWare 7
    Caldera OpenUnix 8
    SUN Solaris 2
    System V Release 3 (SVR3)