[plug] Windoze XP licence question

Sacha Schlegel schlegel at curtin.edu.au
Fri Jul 5 17:00:06 WST 2002

Hi Everyone

I ask this list for my question:

I bought a new dell laptop which came with windoze home XP. Of course
the first thing was to remove XP and install debian linux.

On a spare computer I installed windoze XP from the CD i got with the
laptop. After I couple days I cannot use windoze XP because I have not
registered (cannot login).

My question (and I did not read the XP licence):

a) If I register XP on this computer, can I later remove XP from this
computer and install and register XP on another computer?

b) Is it (technically) possible to register XP on another computer
without removing XP on the first computer (and this would violate the XP
licence, i guess)?

Thanks for your comments.

Sacha