[plug] Hard Drive Prob's.

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Jul 8 10:04:39 WST 2002

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, CraigA wrote:

> Hi All, I'm having trouble partitioning a 40GB hard drive like this:
> Hda1 7805MB C:\ Windows Partition
> Hda2 54MB /boot
	/boot should be in the first 1024 Cyl's of the drive.
> Hda3 30342MB Extended Partition
> Hda5 16002MB D:\ Windows Partition
> Hda6 4001MB E:\ Windows Partition
> Hda7 126MB F:\ Windows Partition
> Hda8 8401MB /
> Hda9 526MB /home
> Hda10 1286MB /swap (the guy has 640MB Ram).
> According to the way I've learn't it this should work.
> The error message from linux Fdisk says can't find drive. The drive is
> detected by

"drive" or "device"  Most distro's don't ship with /dev/hda9,10  You may need
to make the device files befoer they will work.
> the bios and I've flashed the bios anyway. Can anybody help, please?
> TIA.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!