[plug] 5.1 Sound card + tv out card

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 6 21:53:06 WST 2002

Hmmm..... sound card wise, I'm not sure. I dunno if a SB Live!'s 5.1 works
under *nix. As for the drive and players etc, I found that under mplayer, we
could just fire up a region 2 DVD with no worries! Great for pommy sitcoms!

At the moment, the most popular cards about are the geforce range, you can
have the closed source drivers from nVidia's website, they aren't too hard
to install, but you do have to be careful. They are..... kinda unstable
though, when they work properly, they REALLY work though! ;)

>Hi list,
>
>I'm wondering if anyone has experience with a 5.1 capable sound card, and
>tv
>out video card of good quality that theyve had good (read simple) setup and
>service under woody.
>
>Prefer both were PCI.. I have a AGP m/b, but i'd like to leave it free so I
>can work on dual heading it with the GForce2 MX card in it atm..
>
>If the video card had DVD hardware decoding of multizone disks this would
>be
>a special bonus....
>
>Any thoughts/experience?
>
>Regards