[plug] 5.1 Sound card + tv out card

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Jul 6 23:02:31 WST 2002

> At the moment, the most popular cards about are the geforce range, you
> can have the closed source drivers from nVidia's website, they aren't
> too hard to install, but you do have to be careful. They are.....
> kinda unstable though, when they work properly, they REALLY work
> though! ;)

Funny you should say that... my machine has decided about a week ago,
with no apparant changes, that if left idle for a while with X running
it will at best segfault on the X server and at worst crash hard and
have to be power-cycled.  If I disable the NVidia drivers, all is fine.
Tried different AGP settings etc to no avail. *arrggh*

Its unfortunate that when the drivers and cards work, they're the best
available esp for x-video, 3D, etc.