[plug] 5.1 Sound card

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Sun Jul 7 00:18:40 WST 2002

The new 2.4.x kernels have native support for soundblaster live drive II
and the same.

It is also easy to get running on 2.2.17 kernels - I had help from Tony
BT and I think Leon about two years ago, system is still running strong.

Navarre

On 7/6/02, 9:53:06 PM, "John Knight" <anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com> wrote
regarding Re: [plug] 5.1 Sound card + tv out card:

> Hmmm..... sound card wise, I'm not sure. I dunno if a SB Live!'s 5.1
works
> under *nix. As for the drive and players etc, I found that under mplayer,
we
> could just fire up a region 2 DVD with no worries! Great for pommy
sitcoms!