[plug] embedding fonts - ps2pdf

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jul 9 17:03:25 WST 2002

Leon Blackwell wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 01:19:50PM +0800, Simon Scott wrote:
>
>>However, acroread cant find the fonts. Therefore I wish to embed the
>>fonts in the pdf document, but everything I try (-dEmbedAllFonts=true
>>etc) doesnt seem to embed the fonts.
>

> Embedding fonts is actually the default (I believe), but acroread
> requires certain information in the fonts, which isn't always there.
> If you've got a dvi, you might want to try dvipdfm, which has often
> given me better results than ps2pdf.  Otherwise, your best option is
> simply to avoid using wacky fonts.

A bit of a wild guess, but something I've had vaguely related successes
with before: if the fonts are TrueType, try converting to type 42 -
there are some apps that want PostScript fonts and will accept Type 42.

Sorry but I can't remember off the top of my head how to go about that,
maybe someone else on list can give details for that bit.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)