[plug] OT: Sites bow to Microsoft's browser king

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Jul 13 13:37:24 WST 2002

"What we're seeing with Web sites that are viewable only with IE is the
privatization of the Web," said Mozilla's Baker. "And that's a dangerous
setting. We're moving toward a world where all the capabilities of the
Internet are reprocessed through a single filter, with Microsoft's business
plan behind it."

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-941926.html

For any of you AnyBrowser people out there, some web developers from
evolt.org have formed at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vkit/ to develop a
kit to promote standards compliant code to clients, managers, and business
owners. It is a positive step, but a daunting task for just over 90 people.
If you use regularly use browsers other than IE, I'm sure they would
welcome some testers, or skills from the Linux community.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally (who uses three browsers to be able to access the stuff
she wants)
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)