[plug] Missing network

garry garbuck at tpg.com.au
Sun Jul 14 10:24:52 WST 2002

If you compiled your own kernel, (as opposed to using a rpm or deb), you
might not have put in some support you need..

If you do a ifconfig, do you see the interface? You might be missing support
for your hardware. Are you using pcmcia/pci or isa hardware?

You might be missing PPP support too..

The details you give are spartan.. "upgraded the kerne to 2.4.18" does
nothing to describe your distribution apart from say it is Linux..  8^)==

Regards

Garry.