[plug] Missing network

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun Jul 14 12:49:44 WST 2002

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 10:24:52 +0800 garry <garbuck at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> If you compiled your own kernel, (as opposed to using a rpm or deb), you
> might not have put in some support you need..
>
> If you do a ifconfig, do you see the interface? You might be missing support
> for your hardware. Are you using pcmcia/pci or isa hardware?
>
> You might be missing PPP support too..

Hi Garry

I've installed the kernal-image-2.4.18-386 from recent woody this morning and it
has ppp so this should be ok for Mike.

Mike, if you look in /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/net it has gobs of
network cards supported. Might just need to do an insmod for your card. man
insmod (if you haven't done that already)

cu
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/