[plug] emu10k1 source drivers

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jul 15 15:24:56 WST 2002

> Quite a few of those M/B's require a BIOS update to fix those sorts
> of problems. Perhaps try downloading the latest BIOS from ASUS?
Oh do I know _that_ deal well :-(
No fix, and I've tracked through every BIOS update from when I got the
board to the current one. ASUS athlon boards, or at least the A7V
series, seem to be hopelessly bugged when it comes to ACPI, and seem to
have some "interesting" habits when it comes to PCI too. Still its
worked quite useably for 1 1/2 years or more so I'm not really
complaining - but my next board will probably be MSI.

Maybe one day we'll be able to do the update from linux - even if its
just a gzipped disk image of a dos floppy, for use with dd. Currently
the various wizardry needed to extract files from "friendly" self
extracting archives is amazingly annoying: cabextract, unzip, wine...
*sigh*.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)