[plug] Argh iptables writing output to console

bob bob at contact.omen.com.au
Tue Jul 16 19:25:22 WST 2002

I bit the bullet and upgraded the alpha potato to woody over the
weekend. Its left the system in a bit of a state, overwriting config
files with junk in a couple of cases and making a real hash of the
networking, I though this was meant to be the _good_ thing apt-get can
do for you, a clean trouble free upgrade :( but that doesn't appear to
be the case with the alpha.

The main problem I have just at the moment is that iptables is writing
its output to the console, stuff like IN= OUT=eth0 SRC= 192.168.0.1
DST=192.168.0.255 etc etc which is making using the machine less than
pleasant. I can turn off iptables with /etc/init.d/iptables clear but I
still get occasional cruft written to the screen like marian source
192.168.0.111 ftom 192.168.0.1 etc.

Where do I find out how to turn this off (or re direct it... I tried
playing with syslog's config but that didn't seem to work)

Thanks.

--
bob - tearing hair out in fistfuls :(.
Cave canem...te necet lingendo.