[plug] To any XFS experts out there ... help save my root partition!

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Jul 16 22:49:06 WST 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:04:38 +0800 "Cameron Patrick" <cp at chem.com.au> wrote:

> G'day plug,

> Does anyone here know how to rescue an XFS partition?

Hi Cameron

I was googling trying to find a Tom's Root Boot like rescue floppy that supports
XFS.

This link

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialRecoveryAndBootDisk.html

points to another

Digitaltux.com: Rescue disks with ReiserFS and XFS support
http://www.digitaltux.com/

which now looks like it's disappeared.

Google might reveal where this package has got to, or it could be a sourceforge
project.

Does gentoo have a rescue floppy to download and/or build ? If you need it built
and you are "without linux" could I do this and mail you the floppy image ? Have
to be tomorrow now if you need a hand. Otherwise someone might be a night owl
this evening that can tackle it.

All the best with it
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/