[plug] Wireless Card Firmware Upgrade

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed Jul 17 11:10:32 WST 2002

Plug,

I obtained one of the Enterasys cards going recently, and it works
great with an access point. In peer-to-peer mode it has issues,
which Enterasys have noted as a problem and resolvable by a firmware
upgrade ... under windows.

So after getting the card running occasionally under windows, I'm
still having issues with the "Wireless Adapter Manager" not noticing
the card (thats if windows doesn't crash first. *sigh*). Has anybody
done this before and can offer some advice, or would be willing to
have a tinker at the next PLUG workshop?

Or is there an alternative way to do upgrade the firmware under
Linux?

TIA,

Bernard.

--