[plug] Wireless Card Firmware Upgrade

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Wed Jul 17 18:13:40 WST 2002

Bernard Blackham [mailto:b at blackham.com.au] wrote:

> Plug,
>
> I obtained one of the Enterasys cards going recently, and it works
> great with an access point. In peer-to-peer mode it has issues,
> which Enterasys have noted as a problem and resolvable by a firmware
> upgrade ... under windows.
>
> So after getting the card running occasionally under windows, I'm
> still having issues with the "Wireless Adapter Manager" not noticing
> the card (thats if windows doesn't crash first. *sigh*). Has anybody
> done this before and can offer some advice, or would be willing to
> have a tinker at the next PLUG workshop?
>
> Or is there an alternative way to do upgrade the firmware under
> Linux?

If you can send us the URL's for the firmware updates I can give you some
details on how it goes with mine. I haven't tried to flash them yet but if
two different people have a go maybe we can try a suss out what the prob is.

Michael Hunt

P.S. Send me any details of the prob you are having off list and that way I
can compare notes. I have two cards at my disposal and can try flashing them
later this evening/tomorrow.