[plug] Why oh why are we tortured

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 19 10:24:37 WST 2002

>I have a 486 DX33 with 12Mb RAM and 420 Mb HDD with Redhat 7.0 installed, no
>worries and it works quite well.

Couldn't install RH with only 8mb, install bombed out, so I had a useless
computer until I got deb. Also I couldn't get RH onto a HDD less than
500mb, I had RAID spanning of 2 or 3 500mb disks until I got my 4GB. Deb
made it easier by only installing what I wanted.
Tim

>I have also just installed Redhat 7.3 (It was a dream to install - no probs
>at all) on a Pentium 200MHz with 256 Mb RAM and a 10Gb HDD (5Gb for Linux
>and 5Gb for that other piece of c**p from M/soft).

A lot more ram and HDD space than my main comp, no wonder it works a dream.
32Mb ram and 4Gb HDD. Partion is as follows
C:\     1Gb for W2K
/boot   50Mb
/       2.75GB I think in total if I add all the partions other than boot.
( can't find out size as I'm on my dads w2k box & I didn't set up my box
partions
swap    250mb
>I would appreciate any supportive comments from any interested person.
Debian Is right for my case :)
Tim

LinuxAlien
Riverton, Perth, WA