[plug] IPCop 0.1.2pre2

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Fri Jul 19 19:13:13 WST 2002

Nathan D [mailto:natdan at pobox.com] wrote:

> A quick hunt around the place and I came up with -
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ipcop
> This has all the isos, patches etc, so d/load to your hearts content.
> SmoothWall GPL2 has been delayed a week or so, but I shall do comparisons
> once both new versions have 'official' releases.

Yeah I found this site as well when I was looking for the latest IPCop.
However if you browse through the IPCop-Devel mailing list archive you will
see that pre2 was announced on the 6th of July
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ipcop-devel&m=102597511614016&w=2) 1 month
after 0.1.2b3 was released (5th of June).

Like you I'm hanging out for the 'official' release, but I won't be touching
smoothwall especially since a recent patching session proclaimed that the
GPL version (which I donated money to) is now considered 'evaluation'
software. Besides the feature list for IPCop is greater than what I have
seen for smoothwall and I don't have to pay for it.

Michael Hunt