[plug] [OT} Alloy MaxSwitch question

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Jul 20 18:19:49 WST 2002

Pluggers

I've got an Alloy MaxSwitch (Modular 10/100 Switch) donated to Computer Angels
that has an 8 port 10Mb module in one of it's four slots.

About every 5 seconds it flashes all of the green traffic LEDs. Apparently the
guy who dropped it off said this module kept resetting.

If I connect a machine to one port and uplink (through another module) to my
existing switch and then:

# ping -f 192.168.XXX.XXX

to my own machine I get very occasional packet loss and a response time of
0.4/0.8/48 (ms). If the board is resetting every five seconds it must be a swift
(~50 ms) reset cycle time.

If anyone is familiar with the Alloy switches, does this sound like it is
working ok ?

Also, does anyone have any surplus 8 port modules for these things ? I've got
two spare slots :-)

cu
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/