[plug] OT: Sites bow to Microsoft's browser king

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 09:15:36 WST 2002

> I have had a site developed
> http://d9450.club.rotary.org.au that has a
> map on the welcome page. If you move the mouse over
> the towns with
> little markers, it is hot linked to another site
> except for Broome.
>
> If you use IE it works fine, but I am getting
> reports that it doesn't
> work with Netscape and Mozilla. I have Netscape 4.76
> and it doesn't
> display the map, although if you move the mouse
> around, you can find the
> links. I also run Netscape 6.2.2 and the map
> displays except for the
> Broome link. Others have reported that it doesn't
> work with Netscape 6.2

Taking a look at the HTML source, there's a couple of
things wrong with the image tag:

(a) duplicate "img" part
(b) backslash instead of forward slash

Fixing these two (especially the second) would fix it
I should think.

HTH
Andrew

=====
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are quick to anger and have not need for subtlety.

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au
- Find yourself a bargain!