[plug] OT: Sites bow to Microsoft's browser king

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jul 22 13:30:25 WST 2002

> JUst think, one day when everyone uses W3C standard browsers, we'll still
> have to do this for f***ing IE. :)

but of course when there are 100% perfect W3C std implementations on
both sites and browsers (yeah, right) we'll still have to cater for
braindead browsers because lots of people will still be using them,
having never upgraded. I get hits on the POST's site from win95 with IE
and _tons_ from ns4.7x (a badly broken browser, makes IE look really
good) and need to design to be accessable to those browsers, even though
they'll choke on some modern w3c stuff. Admittedly not most but
designing using CSS is a no-no for me at the moment because of these
damnn browsers.

One day, CSS2 will be reliable for web design and work in every modern
browser. No more tables. Hooray!

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)