[plug] Help in how to create Linux database driven Web pages

Steege, Phil E phil.e.steege at lmco.com
Tue Jul 23 05:59:37 WST 2002

I am trying to do everything, I used to do in Windows, in Linux.  I have all
my office apps work being done now in OpenOffice.  I use evolution for mail,
and mozilla to replace Iexplorer and Outlook.  Everything Linux works great.

The next step in my windows to Linux conversion is learning how to create
web pages fed by a database.  I want to display inventory data held in my
database, on a web page.  I would like to use MySQL, so I can keep it all in
linux.
Initially I want to create it locally, and then learn Apache and PHP

Can anyone recommend some HowTo's to start learning how to create database
driven web pages?

I am a newbie when it comes to Linux webpage development.  I have done some
windows stuff with Photoshop and Dreamweaver and took an HTML 4.0 course so
I understand HTML.  I planned to use Gimp and Bluefish (or some other app if
you have any suggestions).

Phil