[plug] KDE 2.2's Kpresenter broken?

sol sol at autonomon.net
Tue Jul 23 22:25:21 WST 2002

I've had the same problems with Kpresenter. IMO, it's still unstable, as
are other KOffice apps like KSpread which often chokes on .xls files.
The KOffice people haven't been as vigilante about import/export filters
as the Gnome Office people. That said, there seems to me to be some good
concepts behind what they're doing, like the KParts integration. It'll
just be a while before this comes to fruition.

BTW, I've got an Athlon 800/396 and that doesn't help all that much when
it comes to KOffice instability.

Re: KDE; my baby bro was telling me that KDE 3.0 is 40% faster than 2.2
(though he often exaggerates). KDE 3.0 hasn't come to Sid yet but I'm
interested to see this for myself. I've no idea how they could do this
but it would be a very impressive achievement at a time when 'doze gets
twice as slow with each release.

sol