[plug] deb kernel problems

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jul 24 14:40:10 WST 2002

> Now the modules for our two scsi controller cards aren't supported.

> Is
> there a way to recurse the install without having the original deb file?
reverse? no, there isn't. However if you 'ls /boot' you should see your
old kernel still there, just set up lilo to boot it. Normally it would
be available as an option in LILO anyway, probably 'linux-old' or
something. Of course if they did something weird, nothing's guaranteed.

> The only place I am aware that my colleague left the deb file is on the
> SCSI drives which no longer are accessible with the change of kernel.

What is the controller, what version of Debian are you running, and what
version (at least major version) was the original kernel? I doubt a SCSI
controller has just gone unsupported but in some cases module names
change etc.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)