[plug] Woody on 7 CDs!? Why?

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Jul 24 14:41:08 WST 2002

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 14:33, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > The packages are ordered on the CDs according to "popularity"
> > I have no idea who decides how popular they are[0],
>
> You do. Or, that is, any debian user who cares can put in their "vote".
> "apt-cache show popularity-contest"

Aaah! Cool! Thanks for the clarification.

> Sounds like you might be interested in "jigdo", at least if the files
> specifying what to include are easily customizable - haven't tried it
> yet, myself.

I've used Jigdo. It was very good for creating a standard Debian CD image from
local mirrors, but my impression was that it couldn't be used to make custom
CDs - you needed an original CD to get the jigdo thumb-print.

I could be wrong though.

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |