[plug] CD-ROM Burner problem

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 24 22:32:26 WST 2002

Try setting your burner and the device on the same chain specifically to
master or slave.

Cable select can weird out linux, Windows doesn't care about slight
errors, and places like Dell insists on it on their machines :(

Had a hard drive under e-smith, mandrake, and redhat that would segfault
when loading / if the drive was set to cable-select. Problem was that
the DELL motherboard only recognised the drive when CS was jumpered >:(

Craig F.