[plug] moving to linux

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Thu Jul 25 12:53:01 WST 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 12:18:42PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Ideally of course browsers print URLs as a footer on the page and tag
> links in the document with [n], DWN style. Sadly the only browser I've
> seen that does this well is lynx :-(

I wrote a quick and dirty Perl CGI script which fetches a page and
does this to it and then presents it to you. I use it when I want to
print stuff with URLs which are not visible but which I may want to
look up from the printed version.  It also tries to differentiate
which links point within the same doc, which point to other docs on
the same server, and which point to different servers, but I've never
bothered to get that part working properly.

If you want it, let me know. It's not pretty, but I've found it very
useful indeed.

Colin