[plug] ADSL and fax

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Sat Jun 1 01:06:42 WST 2002

G'day Mike,

Fax/phone and ADSL operate on different frequencies on the phone line -
which is why you can use the phone and ADSL at the same time if you have
a line filter connected.

Unless there's some special software that can make the ADSL modem/router
listen for any signals (eg fax tones) at voice frequencies it won't
work. I don't know of any software which does that but it doesn't mean
it doesn't exist.

I'm sure someone'll correct me if I'm wrong :)

Cheers
Kai