[plug] PCMCIA->PCI bridge?

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 15:18:16 WST 2002

Howdy folks,

I'm trying to get a Belkin F5D6000z wireless PCMCIA ->
desktop PCI adapter working (Debian woody, 2.2.18
kernel).

The pcmcia-cs programs seem to not recognise the
adapter at all. From what I can gather it uses a
PLX9052 chipset (can't confirm this, it's in the
machine at present).

Here's the relevant output from /proc/pci:

Bus  0, device  13, function  0:
  Network controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device
(rev 2).
  Vendor id=1638. Device id=1100.
  Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 10.

  I/O at 0x6300 [0x6301].
  Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe0001000
[0xe0001000].
  I/O at 0x6400 [0x6401].

I've done a bit of searching but I can hardly find any
mention of this card at all, much less with 2.2. I can
upgrade to 2.4.18 if really necessary, although it's
not my first choice (various ipchains/iptables
issues).

Anyone had any luck with these beasts? Or should I try
and flog it off to a Windoze user? ;)

Andrew

=====
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are quick to anger and have not need for subtlety.

http://www.sold.com.au - The Sold.com.au Big Brand Sale
- New PCs, notebooks, digital cameras, phones and more ... Sale ends June 12